“We ensure that the brain gets a strong and reliable body”
We develop embedded hardware and complex electronics hardware for safety critical applications in compliance to international approved certification standards, such as RTCA-DO254, RTCA-DO160, SAE ARP4761.
The spectrum of our expertise is spread over the complete development V-cycle for safety critical equipment, board electronics and complex electronics. We also concentrate safety and electronics qualification expertise within our team.
The key elements of our professional competences are:
- Definition of concepts and architectures for safety critical applications
- Preparation of specifications of functional requirements
- Establishment of specifications including requirements validation in accordance to the DO-DO-254 needs with advanced requirement management tools (e.g. Doors)
- Establishment of all relevant Interface control documents (HW/SW ICD, Electrical ICD, Mechanical ICD)
- Design of electronic boards incl. complex electronic HW (CEH) with latest design methods and tools (for Actel, Altera and Xilinx; Mentor Graphics, Zuken, …)
- for system controls including processing boards, mixes signal acquisition and controlling boards and power control and power supply
- EMI filtering and interconnect boards
- Modular VHDL code designed/verified based on basic functions / IP cores (e.g. Arinc-429, UART, DSP functions, PID controller, Resolver, LVDT, ADC interfaces)
- Functions for complex signal conditioning, actuator drive logic, communication interfaces, parallel arithmetic unit for high speed signal conditioning, very low power CPLDs
- System on programmable chip integration of processor IPs (CPU) and peripherals (memory, communication interfaces) into a single chip (FPGA)
- Verification and qualification of electronics in accordance to international aerospace and industry standards (e.g. DO254, DO160, MIL-STD 810) and customer requirements.
- Establishment of test procedures and qualification procedures
- Establishment of specific test tools
- Execution of verification and qualification activities including the applicable reports
- Management and establishment of all safety and reliability objectives according to industrial standards (e.g. SAE ARP4761, SAE ARP5580, MIL HDBK 217)
- Fault Tree Analysis, Reliability predictions (e.g. MIL HDBK 217 F, MIL HDBK 217 PLUS, PRISM), FMEA, FMECA, Common Mode Analysis and SEU / MBU analysis
- Management expertise of electronics development including supplier and sub tiers including low cost countries
- Experience with DO254 Certification
- Several DAL A projects with the following authorities successfully performed: EASA, CEAT, WTD61, ANAC